The Cancer Research Trust (Cancer Research Fund Pty Ltd ACN 136 112 019 as Trustee) was established on 28 April 2009. The Trust Fund commenced with a capital contribution of approximately $20m which has been invested in accordance with the Investment Committee Charter located in the Corporate Governance page of this website. The Trust operates as a not-for-profit entity with deductible gift recipient status subject to annual audit. Its Board members act in an honorary capacity. The terms of the Trust Deed provide that the capital of the Trust not be distributed for 10 years, but invested prudently and responsibly. The income of the Trust is available to make grants to fund world class research into the cures for cancer and related education. Further details are provided on the Corporate Governance page of this website.
VisionThe Cancer Research Trust’s vision is to make an internationally significant contribution to the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of cancer. To achieve this, we are actively driving world-class innovative and collaborative research in WA, and reversing the brain drain by enticing back to Perth our most valuable export; world leaders in medical research.
- Support research, research teams, infrastructure and training programs in cancer research
- Maximise our impact through collaborative leveraging
- Catalyse, support and raise the international profile of cancer research in WA
- Enable established researchers from multiple disciplines to collaborate with new infrastructure, training programs, retention or recruitment initiatives
- Increase competitiveness for State, National and International cancer research funding
- Create leverage and collaborative opportunities with partner funders